I came across James Bach video on youtube. Quite fascinating stuff. Mr Bach states that he was once paid by Microsoft 35K per week for 12 weeks straight as he was helping them with a court case. He is, by his own admission, one of the top software test experts in the world.
Few of his comments are as follows:
1. There is no authority on software testing
2. Books cannot teach you about software testing
3. Prepare your public perception, as perception sells
4. Strive to be the best in the business
5. Follow the motto: I can test anything, on any environment, within any timeframe.
I am planning on watching as many videos by James Back as possible in the coming days.